Friday 22 April 2016

Hobble, Hobble

Last week or so I twinged one of my calves.

"Twinged" meaning, I walked, it got a little sore, I walked down stairs the next day and it went TWING!  And I went OW!

I took it easy, just gentle walking the next day and ice/heat but then both of my calves got really really tight and sore.

I couldn't figure out why... I hadn't done anything particularly strenuous or calf-working, they were just so tight!

I was actually hobbling around for a good number of days there, they were that sore.

Oh, and wearing legwarmers.  Seriously.  I figured I'd injured them somehow and they needed the love.  Plus, they felt a little less awful with the legwarmers on.  (Took them off in public though!)

But, yeah, really really sore calves.

I had a massage appointment and when I mentioned I was NOT looking forward to him working on my calves (I was cringing at the thought of how much it was going to hurt) he asked me how much water I'd been drinking.

"Enough?" I said, timidly.

He shook his head.

And sure enough, be it the massage, or time, or me upping my water intake (it's maybe a little bit of some and a lot of the other) my calves are so much better.

But who knew?  I mean really. I figured I had some kind of mechanical issue going on, even though that made no sense to me in terms of activity and it might just have been me not getting enough water.

It's a good thing to remember anyway.  Especially if it means no more hobbling around!

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Potassium might help, too. Bananas... maybe you need to stake out the treat and see if they mysterious peel depositor can spare some fruit.

Victoria said...

OOOOH! I haven't looked at the tree in a while! And yes, I could even leave a sign... "I might need some potassium, spare a banana?" :)