Friday 29 April 2016

Re

I finished up the last of my "books in storage waiting to be read" books the other week and found myself left with autobiographies I'd been given.

I try to read them, I do... those and other "smart type" books, but they just don't work for me when I'm in bed, wanting to dive into a story and relax.

I also didn't want to spend (even more!) money on buying new books, and I'm not even sure what I'd want to try, and I didn't feel like going to the library, so I wandered over to my bookshelf and decided to pull out and re-read a book.  Or maybe a few, I don't know yet.

But I'm starting by re-reading Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind.  It's a series I've read before (duh, thanks, you already explained that!) and I'm not entirely sure I haven't already re-read the book, but that's ok.  It's a funny one because the opening chapter sticks with me and I find myself wondering what book it is that opens with that scene.  And then I started reading it again and went oh, right, it's this one.

There's always a certain sadness to re-reading a book because you know, usually, some of the major plot points.  Like, the fact that this book has multiple sequels reminds me that the main character isn't going to die any time soon.  I forget about some of the semi-main characters but have a fairly good idea of what happens there too.  But it's still nice to be back in a story that's comfortable.

So, yeah.  There may be some repeating books showing up in the little "books I'm reading" side... thing there.  At I know, at least, that if I've kept a book, it means I enjoyed it enough and it shouldn't leave me wanting to throw it across the room with boredom.

2 comments:

Elliott said...

My wife laughs at me because I'll get a book from the library (or an ebook from the library which is very cool cuz you don't need to leave home to check one out) and I'll start reading it and in a chapter or two I'll remark that I'm not sure if I've read the book or if it's just similar to a book I've read. Sometimes I will get through the entire book before I finally am convinced I had read it. Thanks not picking up on that faster brain.

Victoria said...

I know!!!! I've done that too.