Tuesday 12 April 2016

What's The Dealio?

Allergy sufferers, help me out here...

I'm wondering if I'm having seasonal allergies this year or just... something else.

Like, for example, the other day I was walking across a park field and it felt like I got sand in my eyes.  I had to close and rub them to get them... I don't know, damp?  And feel a little better.  And then it happened again later... felt like someone kicked dust into my eyes.  Do allergies do that?

I've been told that for many people it feels like a sinus infection or cold and I suppose I'm sniffly (not really enough to notice though) but the dust-in-eyes thing... is that... something?

Or just dry eyes...?

3 comments:

Elliott said...

Burning, red, itchy eyes are certainly one of the symptoms I get with my allergies. Especially from pollen. So walking across a field and getting itchy eyes could be allergies.

Be sure to check with your doctor before trying eye drops. I've run into issues with Visine, but that could just be me. I tend to find a washroom or drinking fountain and flush my eyes with cold water. I've found that is the best solution for me.

Jason Langlois said...

Itchy eyes does seem to be part of it, though it could just be actual pollen in your eyes.

I recently got glasses, and the amount of dust/gunk that accumulates on them during the day kind of freaks me out... thank goodness we have eyelashes and blink!

Victoria said...

Well, I'll see if it keeps happening then E.

Yeah, fair enough Jason, could be actual legit stuff in my eyes!