Monday 9 May 2016

It's Spreading!

So I know at least one of you will be as fascinated by this as I was.  (This one's for you Jason L!)

To be honest, I haven't been paying all that much attention to the banana tree, which could mean that there haven't been many banana peels lately, or that I just keep forgetting when I'm in that area, or that someone's cleaning them up or that the banana... peel leaver has moved on.  Or something.

So imagine my surprise when I was walking home from the store and I noticed, in the shade of a big tree in front of my very own building.... BANANA!!!!!!

Yes, I stopped and took a photo (with my phone... even if it made me look crazy!) and no, I couldn't get one that was better exposed because I didn't want to touch the evidence!

Now, just to throw a loop in things here... this was not just a peel.  There was still banana in this banana.

But it had, at least, been started.  (Unless that was done by an animal post drop.)

Is the banana peel leaver losing their taste for banana peel dropping?  Do they feel they're being watched and have to change their timing?  Did they get caught eating this banana and have to drop and run?  OH MY... COULD THE BANANA PEEL DROPPER ACTUALLY LIVE IN MY BUILDING??????

You can imagine the glee I felt when I saw this (and the giggle in my head when I thought "oh man, Jason L will love this!") but please, someone stop me if it comes to a point where I start to suggest stakeouts or dash cams attached to trees or anything.

But yes.  Banana.  Right outside my very door.

Almost as if they knew.

(Looks around...adjusts tinfoil hat...)

Updated to add:  I did go for a walk after I wrote this yesterday and saw a very old black one at the base of a tree that may or may not be the usual tree....

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Okay, first, I love the framing of the banana in the shot.

Also, this is getting too weird. We might need to enlist camera footage and security monitoring...

Victoria said...

I know! I saw it and thought I HAVE TO TAKE A PHOTO FOR JASON L!!!! ;) And yes, the banana was even dramatically lit (and hard to see, I almost missed it because, really, who looks for bananas at trees?)