Thursday 19 May 2016

Ramble, Ramble, Babble


I brought up zombies the other day, and now I'm totally stuck on one particular thought.  Yes, I've read a few different zombie novels and seen a show or two, but the one particular show I'm watching right now is meant to be a "start of the bad times" show and I'm realizing it's still failed to tell me HOW things all started... just that they did.

So, I mean, ok, according to this show only, is what I'm going on here...  According to this show, if you die you turn, so basically death makes you into a zombie.  Or being bitten by a zombie makes you a zombie.  But ok, even there... is that due to the bite transmission?  Sure, we assume.  But what if you turn from the blood loss of being chewed up by the zombie... but ok, let's assume the bite transmits the bad (I'm not going to call it a virus or anything because the show hasn't addressed that - although I have some cool books that put forth their own ideas) and just plain old death does too.

But... how about the initial start.  Did all those zombies that are now going around biting, did they just spontaneously turn?  Were they all previously dead?  I'm going to assume there was some kind of spontaneous turning that happened to create... let's call it the first wave of zombies.  (And then the bitten or dying added to the initial numbers.)  So.... how come not EVERYONE turned initially?  How come people aren't spontaneously continuing to turn????  WHERE IS MY ORIGIN STORY DAMNIT!?

No, but really.  So many unanswered questions.  Which, I suppose I'm just not supposed to ask, really.

Arrrrrrrrgh, Brainssssssss!  (Except I keep saying... all zombie material suggests they moan/groan/make noise.  What if they don't?  We're all expecting them to!)

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Never look to close at the origin of the zombies ... things fall apart if you do.

(FEAR OF THE WALKING DEAD?)

Victoria said...

(YUP!)