Tuesday 31 May 2016

Ugh

I can't even read yesterday's post without crying, so I'm going to change the subject and go back to something distracting again.

Mosquito bites.

I've been whining about them for a while now here, but man, it is not fun to be my skin right now.  I've always had bad reactions to bug bites (it was one of the reasons my Mom used to use to say we couldn't have a dog... that I reacted too strongly to bites) and they tend to itch a lot and for a long time.  I mean, you tell me, how long do your mosquito bites last for?  How long do you notice them?  Have to resist scratching them?  For me?  It's a week or more.  I'll wake up at night scratching even.  And yes, I've tried all sorts of things and creams and lotions.  I even took a benedryl this weekend because I have so many bites bugging me on that one leg.  It helped a bit, but I could also feel when it left my system and didn't feel like loading myself up again.

A few of the bites I've accidentally scratched too much and now they're owie and itchy.

And that mosquito that showed up in my living room the other night showed up again (I'm assuming it's the same one!) and I don't know if I got it or not because I smacked it, but never found a body.

And, yes, for what it's worth, I have screens on my windows, but this is an older building so there are gaps, and mosquitos and ants and other things find their way through the holes when they're determined enough.

Someone else who is a "tastes good to mosquitos" person told me that they've noticed it's especially bad and early this year.  I don't know.  I just want to not itch and not get bitten anymore, so I guess I hope that whatever it is that's making them be alive right now stops and/or that I stop going to places where they find me to bite me.  AND that I find some kind of itch stopper that works.  Anyone tried the heat-zapper-light-whatever it is tool for bites?  I'm tempted to give one a try but as I said, I rarely know when the bite happens and I think I read they have to be applied immediately post bite.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Usually my mosquito bites bug me so much, I scratch them too much and they end up sticking around for nearly a week.

I hate mosquitoes sooooo much.

Victoria said...

EXACTLY!!!!!