Tuesday 14 June 2016

Really You Guys?

We all know my issue with mosquitoes.  The fact that they LURVE me and their bites then go on to itch horribly for a week or more.  BUT I AM SO TASTY!

Sigh.

So there I am, the other night, innocently sleeping away when I wake RIGHT UP and open my eyes to a mosquito flying right over my head.  Yeah, saw it in the dark and all. 

So I get up, grab my "thing to hit mosquitoes with" and turn on ALL THE LIGHTS to try to find it.

Can't get it to land so am angry enough that I swat it out of the air and then when I can't find it, I eventually find it dead on the ground because I guess my swat was full of enough "I JUST SPENT WEEKS ITCHING ALL DOWN MY LEG THIS IS NOT OK FOR YOU TO BE HERE!" rage that I killed it mid air.

Go me.

Went back to sleep, and woke up the next morning and when I rolled over to get up there was a dried blob of blood just under my pillow, at about shoulder height.

Oh, come, on, really?

So now I have to figure out did I move mid bite (which is when it flew away and I saw it maybe?) so the wound didn't get properly sealed or something?  Or.... did I get a mini cut some other way during the night.

Was the night after I'd just freshly washed my sheets too, by the way, just to ad insult to injury you MEAN HORRIBLE BITY THINGS!

Turns out yes, there was a bite vaguely shoulder-ish that could have resulted in the blood of mine, but anyway... le sigh.

Fast forward to a counselling appointment I had yesterday and OUT OF NOWHERE, in the middle of the session, what comes flying at my head?  A MOSQUITO!

Of course, I then have to explain why I can't keep talking or listening because of no, I swear I'm not crazy, see?  (And fortunately my counsellor did indeed see the mosquito) And now I'm just waiting to see if it bit me and sigh....

They're following me, y'all. 

Not my fault I'm so tasty.

5 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

They appreciate your fine vintage and will accept no substitutes?

Victoria said...

*Shakes fist at my excellent tasting blood*
(looks around to make sure no vampires heard that!!!)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Did I tell you I got bit by a horse fly a few days ago ? (or at least I think it was). I scratched the bite by accident, and blood went everywhere... for some reason my other half thought it was tremendously funny that my first thought was to get to the bathroom without blood hitting the bed sheets.

Jason Langlois said...

Oh man, I hope you don't attract any sparkle in sunlight vampires who will angst over the smell of your sweet blood and how hard it is to resist.

Victoria said...

Oh no Jonathan! (Also, I first read that as "bit by a horse" and wondered why W would find that funny!! ;) )

Well Jason, at least it could make for interesting blog posts I suppose?