Tuesday 12 July 2016

For Real

I don't know if you've ever used it, but I find Blogger's search "feature" pretty un-helpful.

Or maybe I just use it wrong, I don't know, but when I go to write about something, sometimes I feel like I've written about it before and I try to search to see if I have.  It's pretty hit or miss.  So... I apologize for the times I possibly repeat myself. 

Did I tell you I got a ticket to Burning Man?  (Wait, I searched again, third time lucky.... so, yeah, I did tell you I got a ticket.)  Well, I did, and it arrived last week.

It was stressful there for a while, as Canada Post is possibly going to strike and, well, that might have meant a ticket stuck in transit for who knows how long.... but ticketing seems to have rushed Canadian orders (we're the only other country they ship to, all other international orders have to be picked up at Will Call, which can be a particularly long wait.  Which, apparently they've changed things to make it less so but Burning Man can involve a lot of waiting. PSA... the more you know.) because of the possible strike.

My order actually came via UPS, which I really appreciated as it saved me wondering if the ticket would get here before or during the possible strike.

I had tears in my eyes as I was carrying that precious package out of the pick up location, and had to stop myself from crying in public. 

I opened it on the walk home and then had to tell myself not to constantly freak out that the ticket would go flying out of the now opened envelope!  So now it, my vehicle pass, and my US dollars that cost me more than any time before in my life (holy smokes was that a shock) are locked safely in my fire safe with my passport and other precious things (hi negatives...how are you?)

Having my ticket safely and for real in my hand is always a relief.  Never exactly easy this process, but ticket now exists.  For reals. 

Who knew?

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Would be interesting to see a post - maybe later this year - about if you think Burning Man has changed during the time you have been going.

Jason Langlois said...

So excited and happy for you!

Victoria said...

J, it's so massive and there's so much for everyone... I'm sure it's changed in the 30 years since it was first started, but what hasn't. I just try to focus on what I like and what I go for, there are things about it I don't like and it'd be easy to say "oh, it's not what it was 10 years ago, or 20" but you know what? It is what it is now. I'm not looking for any changes and three years seems too small of a time to have seen any. It seems like just yesterday I was first there. It's a strange phenomenon that way.

Thanks Jason! :)