Tuesday 5 July 2016

Giggle

Totally apropos of nothing except it made me giggle.

I have an app on my phone that tracks my periods.  Yes, I said it.  Period.

I noticed just the other day that it had been given an update, and this is where my amusement came in!

Now, I know that when people are trying to get pregnant they track all kinds of things, and this app has always had the ability to mark a day as a day you were intimate.  You know, you had naughty time?  Did way more than smooched?  Had the sexy sex?

Now, I also know that when people are trying to get pregnant and tracking the days they are being intimate they may also track a number of other things.  So, I suppose it is in this vein that the app now has several... things you can choose when you are marking that you have been intimate.

Like... used protection or not.  Ok, that makes total sense.

Orgasm or not.  (Giggle)  But ok, that makes sense... I believe there are some theories that it helps conception, but no, I'm not googling that... my google searches are already quite odd!

But then, the ones that really gave me the giggles.  You can now enter, as well as protection use and orgasm obtention (I made that word up so totally... like you obtained it?  Obtention.  It's an awesome word.)  But you can also enter position!  And to make it even better, they give you options!!!  Now, granted, they only give you three choices (giggle) and I'm guessing there may be some sort of baby-making reason for it but it just makes me giggle.  Proof, yet again, that there really is an app for everything.

6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That's awesome!

Victoria said...

Can't stop giggling!

Jonathan said...

Having been down the route of recording everything many years ago, there are a ton of things that make a difference. Waking temperature is the big one.

There was a "science" documentary on over here years ago where they put a camera inside the woman for the first time - they never knew that the contractions from the orgasm helped get the sperm to where it was supposed to be going (a bit like swallowing I guess).

And yes, I totally watched that TV show out of scientific curiousity. Honest. Twice :)

Victoria said...

Giggle ;)

Elliott said...

Sadly no app is needed here.

But, yeah, giggles for sure.

Victoria said...

I'd totally forgotten about this! Thanks for commenting and reminding me! GIGGLE!