Friday 22 July 2016

I Don't Know How To Do This

The Tragically Hip have their Victoria show tonight... the first show in their last tour.

I don't have tickets to this one, but I do have tickets to their show in Vancouver next week and I don't know how I'm going to handle the show.

I don't think I'm going to be able to stay tear free knowing I'm looking at a group of friends who have celebrated life together and shared music and performance together and fueled so much love and joy and pride.... knowing this is their last run at it.

I don't know how to watch, knowing it's a goodbye.

I'm hopeful that I will be able to just be in the music and in the show, but right now I can't even listen to a song of theirs without crying.  So... I don't know how to do this... and part of me isn't sure I want to.

My heart hurts so much and I don't want to say goodbye.






This post doesn't even cover it, I know it doesn't.  I was bawling as I was writing it.  I wish the Hip well... I wish the fans well.  I send love to everyone and I wish things were different, but perhaps, some day, I'll be able to remember fondly how much I love all that they are and all that Gord Downie means to me.  But for right now, it's all just tears.

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Sad.

But also glad you have tickets.

Victoria said...

Yeah... I think I am? But yeah. Sad.

Elliott said...

Hope it was everything it could be. Sad, happy, beginning, ending...and everything possible.

Victoria said...

It was... difficult but amazing. And sad.