Friday 8 July 2016

Whoops!

Well, I was going to write a follow up post to yesterday and I did have something I was going to talk about (hurrah!) but.... well, it's been one of those days.  No, but really.

If it wasn't the lost dog saga, it was family visitors coming from waaaaaaay out of town and the place they were going to stay fell through last minute and we figured it wouldn't be too big a deal to find a reasonable place but man oh man... three something a night is not reasonable (my goodness!) and I'm not kidding, we called upwards of twenty places and they were all booked.  One or two could give them a night but none for the number of days they're in town.

None of the rest of us here have a second bedroom so it was looking like juggling couches when someone decided to give air bnb a look through and they found one that was reasonable and available and by this point it was nearly 9 by the way! and then we realized he didn't have an air bnb profile so we all held our collective breaths while he dealt with trying to set up an international account oh my goodness and then, fortunately, we heard back from the host (YAY!) and they just needed to set up the room (change sheets or what have you) as they hadn't been expecting guests (very last minute booking, really, we're lucky they responded at all!!!) and so we decided to grab some food, but wouldn't you know it most places in town close at 10 and it was twenty to and then we found one place but they switched to limited kitchen at ten so we rushed and amen for little traffic and food and yum and free parking double bonus and then take them to their resting spot and oh my goodness am I ever exhausted.  (She typed at 11:54pm Thursday night)

So... yeah... whoops!  Didn't actually get that time I was planning to take to sit and write and yeah.  Ok.  Weekend soon maybe?  K.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Yikes!

I hope the weekend is far more relaxing than that!

Victoria said...

Oh dear lord me too! ;)