Thursday 11 August 2016

Routes

Way back when... when things were more vague and not... you know, two weeks away (sigh) Jason helped me plan out an awesome, longer route down to Black Rock City.

He encouraged me to go along the Oregon coast (which always looks so beautiful) and so we planned a route that would take me a few extra days (a week of travel, rather than a weekend) but would limit the amount of driving I was doing (except for a couple of longer days.)

This made me... some sort of combination of nervous and maybe excited, but as time grew closer and I had my driving exhaustion, I started to wonder if it maybe wasn't such a good idea.

So I made a couple of other routes.  One, super simple and "easy" (no more than a few hours of driving a day) and one with a quick jaunt out to the coast of Oregon. 

I think, at this point, I'm most likely to be doing the simplest route.  But if I'm feeling up to it closer to the date, I may do the slightly longer (by a day, but not really necessarily) route.  We shall see.

I'm still hoping to not have to take my car and well, I won't talk more about that until I know one way or another.

It's a battle right now to get stuff done while maintaining... non-freakout... mode.  That was a terrible way to explain it.  I just mean, I'm SO worried about stuff.  But if I let myself think about it I go down a ... track that doesn't help anything and doesn't let me get anything done and exhausts me and keeps me from sleeping and eating and all that good stuff.

So... I'm trying to... just... you know.. like, not think about having to take my car until I'm for sure knowing...

Sigh.

Breathing.  Because... (swear word)

Ok... I'm going to go do something else now.  Just... I have a couple of routes for my trip down and I think I feel pretty good about the "easiest" of them.

The end.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Alternate plans, plan B's in place... you got this.

Victoria said...

... I.. am trying to got this ;)