Tuesday 9 August 2016

You, WHAT?

Apropos of nothing, really, but I've been half distracting myself, half keeping myself company, half not really doing Math right now all that well, by watching old reality tv shows online.

And by "old" I mean 2009.  So, like oh my god ancient for reals! 

Ahem.

I don't think I watched the show when it originally aired, but I have watched it before and I'm only watching it again because it's nothing I have to pay attention to and, well it's free and there's not a lot else on right now.

But.  And it's a big but (I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE!... sorry... ahem...) .... I can't even pretend it's not completely fake anymore.  Sigh.

I remember watching it and feeling like a fair amount of it was staged "So, Emily, how are things going with Dan after your big fight at the party the other night?" and such, but this time watching it?  I can see the editing cuts and how it is pretty much totally, completely, utterly put together.  Not even a semblance of real!  Le SIGH!

No, it's just interesting to see how I'm noticing things I didn't the first time.  The show is completely manufactured and it's easy to spot.

I still think it would be interesting to be involved in one of those shows though, just to see how much is cut and changed and taken out of context, etc., etc.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Wait, what show is this?

And yeah, the "reality" shows turned out to be not so much "reality" as "narrative reality".

Victoria said...

I can neither confirm nor deny that it was a spin off of a spin off of a reality show....