Saturday 17 September 2016

The Words

Ok.  So I did nothing this week. 

Well, that's an exaggeration.  I did not much at all this week.  (Other than what "had" to be done.)

I still have tidying to do, although a lot less than in previous years since almost all of my stuff and gear and packable items are still in a van in Northern California.  So at some point here today I hope to finish the tidying that I'd like to have happen.  Those final few things stored away... wherever.

I might go see my parents this weekend, although I'm really not sure of how much I feel like telling them about what all went down.  I'm not yet in a place where I have a succinct version of the telling of the story.  Even the trip home resonates with the echoes of the trip down.

I think having been home a week, I have settled somewhat and feel a little less like this is all a dream.

I cancelled as much as I could this week and did a whole lot of vegging.  Restorative vegging.  Un-thinking.  Chilling.

I will tentatively start putting one foot in front of the other and maybe interacting with people who aren't Jason.

Or not.  I'm tired and don't really care all that much.

Which somehow reminds me I should go drink more water.

4 comments:

Happydog said...

I'm so glad you made it home safe and are taking care of yourself. I know it's trite but things will work out and meanings become clear as time goes on. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I know we haven't met IRL but since we do live in the same city I'd be happy to help you in any way.

Victoria said...

Thank you HD. Big hugs. Thanks.

Jason Langlois said...

Stay hydrated, and keep doing what you can to feel better.

And yes, if there is anything we can do to help, let us know.

Victoria said...

Banana peels damnit! WHERE ARE THEY?

Where have the banana peels gone... long time passing... where have the banana peels gone... long time ago....

(I'm going outside, I may have lost it) ;)