Tuesday 20 September 2016

Writer's Self Talk Exposed, You'll Never Believe What Happens Next!

Part of my conundrum in trying to write about the travel portion of my trip is that in remembering the trip down, I feel like I lose part of the drama of the trip back. 

Connor, when I messaged him from the hotel room I was stuck in messaged back that the trip down was easy, it was just a difficult trip back.  I said no.  No.  The trip down was awful.  The trip back was worse.

I had thought I would start by telling you about the day I left playa, but then yesterday I started writing about the week or so before I left and I just let that happen.  Now I can go forward from there... talk through the week down... or I can skip right to the day I left Black Rock City.  And then go backwards.

It's odd to talk about how to talk about things but I suppose since I started where I did, I should continue going forth from there.

Plus, how crooked is this photo when you stop to look at it?  Very.  *scratches head*

3 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I love the way your mind jumps between times and places. I do that too.

Jason Langlois said...

Tarantino this up, and write it in whatever order you want to. I think we'll be able to follow along.

Anonymous said...

Um... so.... this is me... I swear!!! And... computer just died died. Dead died. (I'm typing this through a weird back door disk utility online thing that I'm using in unintended ways) And I can't remember my password to sign in to blogger and uh... yeah, so there will be a post tomorrow (already written) and then nada... and... uh.. hopefully I can borrow someone's computer for a while and then double hopefully I can rememeber the darn password but.. uh... yeah.

Hi.

Victoria (I PROMISE!!!!)