Monday 19 December 2016

Oh... Right.

To file in the list of things I'd never really considered... tea... expands.

Like, I'm sure a bunch of you are shaking your heads and/or rolling your eyes at me right now but seriously!  I didn't know!

Up until recently, I've always used tea bags (not a huge tea drinker particularly) and well, that's just that.  Put it in the mug, put in water, let it sit, take it out of the water (now tea), let it dry out a bit, compost.  Done.  *shrug*

A while ago, someone gave me some loose tea as a gift.  I got to liking it, and went downtown to one of the specialty tea stores (Silk Road) and bought me some more!  And then went back and got some other flavours (they're probably not called flavours but you know what I mean) and well, I feel kind of silly for just realizing that tea expands.

Like, I'll scoop some into the strainer thing and once it's done seeping, the strainer thing is full!  It took me a few times before I had that a-ha moment of OH!  It's dried... whatever, and the water .... expands the dry leaves and stuff and yeah.  Not really sure why this hadn't particularly occurred to me before.  Guess it's just not something I particularly paid attention to.

D'oh.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Wait, what...

... I never thought about that before. Mind blown.

Victoria said...

Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one that went... wait... what???