Wednesday 14 December 2016

The Things

I have a (short) list of things or stories or remembrances from Burning Man to tell you about, I just haven't had a whole lot of motivation to write them out.  I mean, I don't want to force myself to talk about them when I'm not in a good mood, you know?  Because then it might be like, ugh, so this thing?  Happened?  And it was kind of, like, ok I guess.  Sigh. Whatever.

But I do have a few little stories still to share.  Soon, I hope.  Because, yay?

Also, did I tell you about the really cold morning last week when I woke up and discovered that the radiators weren't radiating?  Yeah.. brrr.

I don't know if they're on a timer, or if the water heater/boiler thing can't keep up with .... demand (we're "free heat and hot water" in this building)?  I remember someone once telling me that the thermostat.... reader for the... uh... system was on the third floor so that if it's warm/hot up there, the rest of us don't get heat.  But.. that can't be right can it?

I mean, I have a dial on my radiators, I can open or close the valve, so shouldn't they just be on all the time at whatever "opening" I've set them to?  No? 

Am I missing something?

I miss having a resident manager in the building.  It was nice to be able to talk to someone who also lived here, rather than having to message someone who comes in once or twice a week to vacuum the halls.

So yeah, I guess I don't actually know how the heat in my place is regulated.  Wonder who I should ask?

No comments: