Monday 13 February 2017

For Me

The snow last week was awesome. 

It started hours and hours earlier than they'd said it would which was the first sign that it was going to *actually* snow, for reals.  Which it then did.

By mid day, people were already concerned about the roads and most headed home if they were able.  I was fortunate that I didn't have to drive anywhere and walked to and from where I needed to be.  And then once I got home, I put on proper snow gear and headed out to play in it for a while.

There is something I love so much about being able to be out there in the cold with the snow falling and then be able to head back inside and warm up and be cozy.  So that is what I did.  I made snow lumps (it wasn't quite "damp" enough snow to roll for snow men) and threw snow balls (at inanimate objects) and actually just sat in it for a while watching it.  (And then my behind got really cold.) 

I find falling snow to be magical and my snow day last week was one of the happiest days I've had in a long while.

(The snow turned to rain that night and the roads the next few days were puddly slushy melty mess but man oh man that was a great day and oh so beautiful.)

2 comments:

Elliott said...

We received almost a foot over the weekend, which was awesome. We went cross country skiing in the forest on Saturday (which turned out to be crappy conditions because the snow was a little sticky and kept sticking to our skiis, but good exercise). And then Saturday evening we went to see Blue Rodeo (great show). We woke to more snow falling on Sunday, so we went out to the forest again after lunch and this time the conditions were perfect. We were out for two hours and had a great ski.

Thank goodness for a snowblower because my the time we got home we had over 15 cm in the driveway.

It was a great winter weekend. We need more of these.

Glad you had fun in the snow too.

Victoria said...

That sounds awesome! (Other than the sticky snow) ;)