Friday 9 June 2017

Oh Dear

I.... did not have a good morning yesterday.  Pretty much out of nowhere.

Felt a bit dizzy falling asleep the night before but that's happened before so I just powered through it and slept.

Didn't want to wake up but that's nothing new, but when I finally stopped hitting snooze and got up, I was incredibly dizzy.  But, dizzy in this weird way where I couldn't get my eyes to focus. 

I was blinking and blinking as if trying to clear sleep from my eyes and walked to the couch to lie back down.. but then my body felt very ill so I grabbed a bucket/bowl and headed to the bathroom.

Nothing actually happened there (to be delicate) although my body seemed to want to and made some.... er... effort to use the bucket/bowl.  And, worst of all I was covered in an awful, gross, sweat all over.

The worst of that passed (without incident, thankfully) and I took myself slowly to the couch and lay down.  Managed to pull myself together enough to send messages letting people know I was sick but that took about all I had.  So I slept.  Or, napped, I guess.

Woke up around noon.  Killer headache whenever I tried to stand or move. 

Just wanted something simple and salty so had me a gatorade and some popcorn.

Ate a bit more later and had a light dinner, but man oh man, that was actually a fairly frightening little while there.

Glad to be feeling better and hoping that was a one off.... not to be repeated.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Vertigo?

That sounds awful and I hope it never happens again.

Victoria said...

No idea what it was but it was nasty. Not sure if I would rather it was a food/bug thing or a vertigo/body thing. How about it just never happens again? THANKS!