Tuesday 6 June 2017

Oooohhhhh. Ok.

I have long hair.

I've mainly had longer hair, although I did have really short for a while (didn't like it) and semi-short, most of my life my hair has been at least to my shoulders.  For the last while it's been past my shoulders, so long, but not, like, loooooooooong.

I can't remember exactly when, but a while back, the plumber got called to snake my bathtub.  "That's a lot of hair" he said.

"Oh," I said, "it's not mine."

Because I was really certain it wasn't mine.  I'm really careful with my hair and don't let it go down the drains.

Then a few weeks back the plumber had to be called to snake my bathroom sink.  "That's a lot of hair" he said.

"Uh... I'm... pretty sure it's not mine?  I'm... really careful?"  I said... a lot less confident this time.

"Well, sure... you may think you're being careful but it gets down there and then you have.... this."

So... I went and bought two drain covers.  Er, that's not the technical term I'm sure... but you know what I mean?  Little... wire basket things that sit in/on the drain to catch things.  Like... hair.

I was pretty convinced that it wasn't needed because I really am very careful with my hair.

But.

Yeah.

I'm super careful with my hair and yet, each time I've washed my hair, there have been a couple of hairs (I'm talking one or two at most) caught by the drain catch cover thing.

Which.... because it's long... it'll slide down there, and wrap itself up into a cozy little curl and then pick up... soap scum or whatever else goes on in a drain like that and two plus two plus two plus two... well, that adds up.

So now... if there comes a time in the future when my drains need snaked, I can confidently say "It's REALLY not mine this time!  TA DA!"

Or, you know, maybe there won't have to be a plumber called.

So.  Just saying.  They were probably right.  That was my hair.  Just two at a time.  Sneaky bastards!  (The hair, not the plumbers, they seemed alright!)

2 comments:

Elliott said...

Both my girls have long hair...they grow it out, donate it, and repeat. I was forever cleaning out drains in the shower when they were at home. Now that they're at school, the drains still need to be unclogged, but now once every six months instead of every month or two. It's amazing how quickly a few strands make a clog.

Victoria said...

It really is!