Tuesday 20 June 2017

Whoops... D'Oh!

So last weekend, I was shooting an outdoor event. 

It was predicted to be cloudy/overcast/chance of rain and was raining when I left so I was in jeans and a t-shirt and brought a hoodie with me.

I brought a hat and sunglasses so help with the brightness, but did not think about sunscreen.  Not when I left, and not during the on and off sprinkle, sun, cloudy day.

Wanna guess where I'm going with this?

Yeah.  Came home to a not great burn (not serious but not not serious if you know what I mean?) that was the classic Farmer's tan lines.

In burn format.  Bright.  Glaring.  Red.

Sigh.

It was uncomfortable but I dealt with it.  But the burn lines were bad!  Like, wearing anything but the very tshirt I wore would expose the line.  Ugh. 

No chance at tank tops when it does warm up either!!!

So... this weekend, I was hanging out at Jason's place and it was sunny and warm and we were in the back yard chilling and I thought hey... I could even out my burn/tan!

Sigh.

So I grabbed some sunscreen, applied it veeeeery carefully to the old burn and purposely toasted my shoulders.  Kids, don't try this at home.  Adults?  Same.

I realized after a while that it was fairly one sided, so I flipped my chair around and tried to toast the other side....

And then I went home.

I went home and took off my clothes and looked in the mirror and oh man.

I now have... dark (for me) forearms.  And slightly less than pale upper shoulders.  And really weird bra/cleavage burn lines.  And?  A nice white stripe between the first burn and the second. 

So... I guess I have tan tattoos.  That I'm hoping will fade before people have to see them.

But yeah.  Light brown, white, red.  That there's my arms! 

Sigh.

1 comment:

Elliott said...

I prefer the term golfer's tan. It is a classic look...solid lines on thighs where all golf shorts fall to, dark arms, cool triangle around your neck, and shockingly white feet with a line where every pair of sockettes go to. And for women that wear sleeveless tops...awesome designs around the shoulders and shoulder blades.

It's a look all the cool kids rock.