Monday 24 July 2017

365

Those of you who've been around a while may remember me talking about doing "Project 365" where you challenge yourself to take a photo every day for a year.

I've done it three or four times, and I do think forcing myself to take more shots improved my shots.  But then I look through my old(est) flickr account and I see a shot like this one here and I remember the downside to the 365 projects... and that is that sometimes you take a photo that's really not any good just because you "have" to get something for the day.

Like... I guess the texture appealed to me here or something, but really, I dunno!  The Winter months I always found the hardest... when you were getting up in the dark and getting home from work in the dark... maybe trying to go for a walk at lunch, if the weather cooperated, to try to find something.  Perhaps it would be easier for those with a home studio or lights or something but for me I think by the second or so time I did it I really came to dislike the "get er done" days and shots.

So yeah... here's an old shot of.... uh... gravel?  Someone's driveway or a parking lot or something.  Sorry!

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I've made that my desktop background. It's pretty good.

Victoria said...

LOL.

Awesome then ;)