Tuesday 11 July 2017

Airy

It was the Pride parade this Sunday.

I didn't go.  For the first time in many many years, actually.  I could have, easily, by myself or with the friend I usually go with, but I didn't have it in me after the news of Saturday.  I just wanted to sit and be in my hurt.... and that's ok.  Life goes on, love is wonderful.... although it can hurt very much at times.

The thing I noticed though, and started to think about was the weather.  Maybe my memory isn't long enough, but I can't remember the last pride parade we had that had searingly hot/sunny "typical" July weather!

Last year (or was it two ago?) there was orange smoke in the air from nearby forest fires.  Sad to say that while our air quality isn't currently affected, we're dealing with massive forest fires again.  (Par for the summer course it seems.)  And this year it was overcast.  Which is fine for a parade, makes things a little less sweltering, but it just got me thinking... my memories are showing me the last few years as not super hot and sunny.

Go figure.

(It got sunny later in the day but not til long after the parade!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking along similar lines recently - that it used to rain more often when I was young. I remember proper lightning storms, and wet breaktimes at infant school. Of course the reason I remember them is probably because they were so rare...

Victoria said...

Possibly.... there was more snow when I was young... I swear! Climate shift, climate change... some of it "normal"... other.... not so much :/