Friday 14 July 2017

I Don't Want To Say "Stupid", But....

I "un-smarted" myself sick. 

I sat out in a friend's back yard for a couple of hours the other day just chatting away.  Thought to myself "oh, I'll just get a little sun."

After a while I said "you know?  I'm not feeling all that great, I think I should move out of the sun."

So I did.

And later I went home... looked in the mirror and was a little pink.  Oops.  Oh well. 

Until a few hours later when I went to have a shower and I wasn't a little pink anymore, I was red-pink.

Oh no.

Yeah, too much sun.

It was a rough night.... "I'm too cold, blanket!"  "NO, I'M TOO HOT, NO BLANKET!"  "I have to get up and pee because I was hydrating so much, ugh." rinse, repeat.

I felt hungover yesterday and my head was... not... happy either, but I survived and hope to remind myself that the sun isn't what it used to be.  Either that or my skin isn't.

Or both.

And getting too much sun isn't just about the burn anymore... it's now a sucky whole body experience.  Ugh.

So... yeah, that was not smart!  (The pink is pretty much gone now, but the water intake is still happening!)

3 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That sun is a sneaky one - all that UV rays slowly cooking you while you think it's not that bad.

Glad you're hydrating and on the mend!

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt :)

Victoria said...

I know, right, Jason? Geez!

Did you get the farmer's-burn with the t-shirt Divergent Words? ;)