Wednesday 19 July 2017

Ooooooohhhhhh!

So my fan has been randomly shutting itself off and I've been wary that it may have... I dunno, died or something?  Internal mechanics wise?

It's a fairly new fan so I was pretty bummed by this, but usually when it shuts off I just wait a few (to let it cool down?) and turn it back on.

My fan "switches" are not quite a touch screen but touch... switches.  And when I went to turn it on yesterday afternoon I heard a few extra beeps, and looked down and noticed I had accidentally turned on the "timer" option.

As in... turn off after a bit of time.

Oh.  OH!

*That's* probably why my fan has been randomly turning itself off; because I told it to!

TA DA!


PS  It also has a couple of other symbols on it that I'm scared to touch in case they're ejector buttons or something....one of them looks like a smiling sleeping person and the other like... fog so... maybe I'll press them and go night night in a fog of... sleep?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a similar vein, It took me weeks to figure out with a new (analogue) watch that the reason the day counter was always wrong was because the hands were 12 hours out...

Victoria said...

D'oh