Wednesday 9 August 2017

Oh!

I was chatting with a friend of mine online last week and I mentioned that I was dealing with having lost my VISA.

"Oh no!" she said.  "How are you dealing with logistics?"

I thought it was nice of her to be so concerned so I explained that I had cancelled the card and just was dealing with not being able to buy things online until the new card came.

"Why... why would you need your VISA for buying things online?"  She asked.

I paused.  "Because I don't have another type of credit card?"

"OH!" She said.  "Credit card!  I thought you'd lost your travel Visa for visiting the states and wondered why you were so calm about it!"

We had a good laugh about that and I said, man, I wondered why you asked why I needed a VISA for shopping online!  It all makes so much more sense now. 

Heh

3 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I read quite some way into the post before realising what you were talking about too :)

Jason Langlois said...

Ah, English. This is why I have Mastercard (okay, not really).

Victoria said...

I have never dealt with a travel Visa Jonathan so it's not in my radar of vocabulary at all ;)

English is so weird Jason!!!