Monday 7 August 2017

Yep

Summer's definitely here.

Like, yep.  For reals.

I can't remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday last week that there just was no sleeping happening... it was just too hot.  It actually felt a lot like Burning Man a few days last week... what with the skies being weird with forest fire smoke and the heat.  I even joked that the heat is only fun at Burning Man when there's so much to distract yourself with, but... to be fair, the heat's not really fun there either... but hey, at least you can sleep "outside" at Burning Man at night!

I wish I'd been able to do that, but... not sure I'd fall asleep outside here....

The heat broke a bit a couple of days ago, so that has helped a bit, and I know my apartment's not as hot as the ones above me must be so... I'm trying to just deal with it.  And to follow along with my Burning Man joke... hey, at least I have running water and flush toilets! 

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

It is still so hot, though. I do hope it rains soon, and helps with the wildfires and smoke.

Victoria said...

Seems like this weekend is going to be helpful for us, although I think the interior needs it more :(

Todd said...

I often hear so many people complain about being sensitive to the heat. I'm exactly opposite with the cold and cooler temps. So many reasons for both. Some due to medical various medical conditions. So just be sure to check with your doctor.

Victoria said...

Fair enough Todd! :)