Friday 22 September 2017

Ahhhhhh

You know when someone says "is it just me?" on the internet, it's never just them but... am I the only one who feels a huge sigh of internal relief when something gets tidied?

Like... I shred any identifying paperwork, like bills or bank statements and that sort of thing, for security.  And I let that stuff pile up... for months... and in this case, months and months.  And every time I go into the closet where the shredder (and waiting to be shredded papers) is (which, it's the closet where my clothes are... I have very little closet/storage space in my place, so it's every day, often more than once) I see it and I notice it and once it gets to a certain level of full I think "I need to deal with that."

And when I'm extra stressed or busy (or both) I see the overflowing thing and maybe I write it down on a to do list.

So it's not like a MASSIVE stress but it's there and I'm peripherally aware of it.

Last night I sat for a while and shredded the current load.  And when I was done, it was like my brain sighed a very happy and relieved sigh of ahhhhhh.... done.  Tidy.  Ahhh.

Tiding and cleaning and sorting always makes me feel at least a little bit calmer. 

Just me?

1 comment:

Jason Langlois said...

Nope. I feel a little more ordered and balanced after doing some kind of tidying.