Tuesday 12 September 2017

Er

Learned this one the hard way.....

So... when your dishwasher has a "heat dry" or whatever it's called option... you maybe (if you're me) have never thought through how that works.

Until... two days ago, when I was trying to clean a Nalgene plastic water bottle and at the end of the cycle there came a not good smell from the dishwasher.

I stuck my nose by the vent thing and realized it was melting plastic.... so I opened the thing and sure enough, the lid from my Nalgene had fallen and was sitting on what I now know is the heating ring.  Which was melting it spectacularly.

I pulled the thing off (making melted cheese like strings of plastic as I did so) and then wanted to make sure I got the rest off, so I sprayed down the ring with some windex (hissss, hisssss) and reached in to pull out the rest of the plastic and BAM, burned the underside of my arm on the other side of the ring.  Damn.

I ran it under cold water for a while, but the burn thankfully didn't hurt all that much.

Until yesterday, when I forgot about the burn and leaned on that part of my arm and tore the "blister" skin off.

Ow.  Ow.  Ow.  Ow.  Ow. 

Now it hurts y'all.

So... just in case you were wondering... that heat ring thing gets very very hot.  Don't touch it.  And don't let your plastic lids touch it either.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Thumbs, and now your arm? Please, please be careful.

Victoria said...

Thumb, pinkie, arm, gah!!!