Thursday 21 September 2017

Ick

All I could think yesterday was "how is it not Friday?"  because, really.... long week is long.  Apparently.

In other, completely unrelated news, I have a potentially icky thing to mention.

I have ear piercings.  Two on each ear.  Got the first when I was young-ish (11? 12?  I honestly forget) and the second when I was less young-ish (19?  20?) but that's not really the point.

Every once in a while I take my earrings out to clean them.... and... to clean the.. uh... holes?

I'm not sure I want to know exactly what it is so I'm just going to say it's a buildup of soap and shampoo and dirt and uh, skin cells that I then have to (look away if you're squeamish) kinda push out of the holes.

I figure it's a good thing to keep them clean, but as I say, I try not to think too much about what it is (and no, they're not cheap earrings, I do think it's just shampoo type buildup)

So... there's some pretty flowers to look at instead of thinking about the other thing I mentioned, ok?  Ok!

2 comments:

Elliott said...

I get that during the summer because I never take mine out. But during the winter, it's out four or five a week when I play hockey, so it isn't in long enough for soap/shampoo/skin to build up.

Victoria said...

*shudder*