Wednesday 13 September 2017

Just Like That

Well, my van's back.

Yep.  The van that's been down in Northern California since almost exactly a year ago.... with all my camping and Burning Man and other gear in it.  It's all back home.  (And slowly getting washed and sorted.)

It wasn't "just like that" at all, but it was.  I still haven't talked you through the process of me not going to Burning Man this year but in the chaos that was that decision, there came an offer (that I really didn't quite believe) to drive it back for me at the end of their burn.

Which is what happened.  (Long story short.)

So, yeah, my van is back.  And so is all my stuff.  Here comes hiking with actual hiking boots again!!!!  (And so many other things I "lost" for the year while they were down there in the van)  Welcome home van.  Welcome home stuff.  Welcome home all the things I now have to clean... d'oh.

3 comments:

Elliott said...

Well, at least one very good thing came from this year's Burning Man. I can imagine how disappointing missing it this year was for you.

Like you've said...the playa gives...

Jason Langlois said...

Glad the van is back, and you have you stuff. Not so glad about all the cleaning that's going to be involved...

Victoria said...

A strange year for sure Elliott, but yes, this is a very good thing!

It's funny, Jason, somehow "having a camper van" didn't mean I thought through "having to clean a camper van"! Whoops! ;)