Thursday 5 October 2017

Early Days

Things here lately have reminded me of the early days of this blog.  Now, I at least know a few people are checking in here and there, but back then I was speaking into the void, really never knowing if anyone was or would ever read.

Because I've been through what I imagine is the heyday of blogging, I don't know that I'll ever give up the anonymity and privacy I chose to have since the start and there are still things I'm not comfortable talking about.  I always remember what my friend said when I told him I was starting an anonymous blog... "write knowing that anyone you write about will one day read it."

So while there are times I'd like to use this as a venting spot to rant and rave about situations or people, I try to keep it to things I'd be ok saying to someone's face, or having them read.

Which, really.... might not the world be a better place if we all did that?  Only said behind someone's back what we'd be ok saying to their face?

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Well, definitely better if we did that on public spaces like blogs.

I think that's why vaguebooking and subtweeting are things... but I don't know if it's worth it to post those things, sometimes.

Victoria said...

Yeah...