Wednesday 15 November 2017

Happy....Winter???

I know we don't all live in the same part of the world (or even country!) but those of us who live in this little town are all sitting here rather shocked.  We seem to have skipped Autumn.

I don't mean that the leaves aren't changing, falling, and piling up, they are... I mean that the temperatures went from Summer to a day or two of Autumn and then BAM!  Cold!  (Accompanied by SNOW!) and now it's just Winter.  Cold.  Unseasonably so.  Feels like we skipped three months ahead.  And no, it's not just me.  I've heard the same thing from friends and strangers, un-prompted.  Its... odd.

I didn't even go through my transitional blanket phase.  I went from kicking off covers to needing both heavy blankets and the windows all but shut.  Zero to effing cold in less than sixty seconds.  (or hours, you know what I mean!)



4 comments:

Elliott said...

We did that last Thursday/Friday. Went from 10ish C to -15C before windchill in the span of about 12 hours. Rude awakening for sure.

Now are back to the seasonal 5ish C during the day. Temperatures are heading down again going into the weekend.

Victoria said...

You wot mate? (Us, to the weather right nwo!)

Jason Langlois said...

SERIOUSLY. What the heck is going on? I didn't sign up for this... Where's the endless warm rain, the hint of chill, the 'Man, I guess I need to wear a sweater' weather? This 'Where is my toque, and why am I frozen to the bone in this icey rain' stuff can just go to the mainland!

Victoria said...

Right?