Tuesday 16 January 2018

Hulk Not Smash?

What do you do when you're angry?

I mean... I don't mean the specifics, I just suppose I'm wondering what other people do that helps them, or that is productive or... what they've learned/chosen not to do.

Do you distract yourself?  Ignore it away?  Talk to someone?  Talk to someone if you're angry with them directly?  Do you run?  (Literally or metaphorically I suppose)  Or hit a punching bag?  Cry?  Bottle it up?

Or maybe... what do you wish you did when you were angry?

I know I try to watch my words and not do anything I will regret later, but I'm not great with anger... neither my own or that of others.  But apparently anger won't just magically disappear from the universe this time tomorrow so...

Anger.  What about it, eh?

3 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Swearing, I think. For moderate anger. I don't often get angry at people, though. I get angry at things (the screw that won't quite go in right, the table I stubbed my toe on, my lack of sleep).

On the rare occasions I've gotten really angry with a person, I tend to go into this kind of numb, super focused state and just narrow down on whatever needs to be done and don't say very much. If asked, I'll tell them I am angry, but I also know it's usually a passing state so I don't tend to want to wallow in it.

Anger is a passing thing.

kandijay said...

I cry. Vent to my bestie. Call my mom. Cry some more. If I'm alone I listen to angry music and scream sing along.

Victoria said...

Hugs to both of you!