Monday 8 January 2018

Invested

Many of us get invested, via this strange world of interwebs, in people we will probably never meet.

I say this, because as I was going through flickr looking for a photo to use with a post, I came across a woman that I have been "following" for as long as I've been blogging... so... a decade or so.  She has lost a lot of weight.  Not sure when or how... she shut down her blog (or I lost track of it) and has only recently started posting to flickr again but you guys?  I'm so proud of her.  This woman I don't know, and will probably never meet or speak to and I'm so proud of her and happy for her.

Which made me think... you guys might not realize, but I'm invested in your lives too.

What little you let me know via a comment here or there, or even just comments that don't tell me about you but give me an understanding of who you are or where you are and so on and so forth, I'm invested, I care.  And I wanted you all to know that.  I care about your lives, and your health and your hearts and your families and loved ones and I have a mental track in my head when I check in on the blog wondering about you and how you're doing.  I have memories over the years of this happening to so and so or that to this person and so on and so forth.  I find myself hoping people are well that I haven't heard from in a while, and I hope that everyone's happy and that I provide some sort of distraction... or something.  I don't know. 

I just wanted you all to know that I care, as strange as that may sound and you're part of my life, in that way that the internet allows us to be.

Hugs.

4 comments:

Elliott said...

That made me a bit teary. I know what you mean, and I agree. I hope you are doing well. And I hope the other commenters are also doing well.

Hope you had a great holiday season and could go outside, unlike us. It was brutally cold (wind chills regularly deep into the -30s C). But, all the family was home, including my parents and my brother and his family, so we had a great holiday. And in the first time in 25 years of working, I got basically two weeks off (less a few days of work cuz the world doesn't stop).

Victoria said...

Big hugs, E. And (basically) two weeks off? Awesome for you, that's great!!! :) Awesome.

Jason Langlois said...

Absolutely invested in you, too.

Here's to 2018 being a year of improvements.

Victoria said...

Sounds like a plan Jason! Hugs :)