Saturday 13 January 2018

There, I Said It

I don't like cooking.

There, I said it.

I don't like anything about it.

I don't even like watching other people cook.  (Unless it's one of those [usually Japanese?] restaurants where they cook RIGHT THERE and it's going to be super yummy.)

I was just watching some video that someone posted somewhere about how to make some "yummy" dish and all I could think was "this is boring" and "I really don't care."

Because I don't.  Jason keeps trying to help me learn to cook by making these dishes and having me watch and going "see?  easy!" and I'm like... uh.... "you know me attempting to chop/slice those would have taken four times as long right?"  and "I likely would have burnt something or overcooked something else?"  not to mention food and I don't really get along well enough half the time for me to want to bother.

I feel like I'm missing some gene that everyone else has.  The "cooking is fun, awesome and rewarding" gene.  I'm over here like meh.  Blah.  Nope.

I think people keep thinking they'll convert me somehow but the truth is I just really don't like cooking.  I know other people find it interesting or fun or even amazingly cool (like magic or chemistry!) but for me?  I just don't like it.

*hangs head in shame and goes to sit in the corner..... hungry*

2 comments:

Anne Roy said...

If you do not like to cook how / what do you eat?

Do you go out for most meals? Or buy already prepared ones that are quick to
prepare in a microwave?

curious Cdn Anne in England

Victoria said...

I've done a few things over the years Anne :)

Sometimes I just eat terribly (stuff calories in face, no nutritional value, ugh) I will yes, buy frozen stuff to microwave. I've used a nutritionist who made things super easy for me with very simple recipes and shopping lists and daily menus (that helped a lot) and right now I'm using a meal prep service (they deliver the pre-made and cooked meals on a Sunday, I keep them in the fridge and boil/re-heat the dinner, or take the lunch out of the jar, etc.) It gives me way more nutrition but is a bit pricy. I don't go out to eat much at all though (quite a cost)

So at worst, I eat poorly (think cereal and the occasional box o pasta) and at best, I cook very simply, or pay someone to do it for me. Middle ground is frozen meals. :)